WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make a website work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
See below for details on what information is collected by cookies and how we use that information.
TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE ON THE SITE
These are cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of a website. Without these cookies, this website won’t work properly. Accordingly, we are not asking you for your specific consent for those cookies. For all other cookies your informed consent is required.
We use essential cookies for the duration of each session (“session cookies”). Session cookies are essential to enable you to securely access the Site and its functionalities. Session cookies are deleted when you log out of the Site or when you close your web browser. The following information may be collected through session cookies: single sign-on data and session ID (to remember your credentials over the course of your session); server affinity and authentication data (to establish and maintain the communication with the most appropriate servers).
Session cookies are also used by us or our service providers to determine whether you have viewed this Cookie Notice and to allow for the frequency capping of the cookie on-site notice. In addition, we use session cookies to remember the choices you make on the Site. You may reject or disable session cookies by altering the cookie function of your browser. The “help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. We strongly recommend that you leave cookies active, because they enable you to take advantage of the most attractive features of our services.
Third party cookies are used for web advertising purposes, such as to understand your use of the Site and your online activities, and to present you with relevant Storey advertisements tailored to your interests, including on the basis of your selected country or language.
Advertising cookies collect the following information: unique identification assigned to your device; IP address; device and browser type; operating system; referring URLs; content viewed, or other actions taken on the Site; time and date of those actions; and country information. You may adjust your preferences with respect to cookies placed and accessed on your device.
Google Analytics mainly uses first-party cookies to report on user interactions on Google Analytics customers’ websites.
For customers who use Google Analytics Advertising Features, Google advertising cookies are used to enable features, such as Remarketing, for products like AdWords on the Google Display Network. For more information about how Google uses advertising cookies, visit the Google Advertising Privacy FAQ. To manage settings for these cookies and opt-out of these features, visit the Ads Settings.
Third-party persistent cookies are used for web analytics purposes for our exclusive use; i.e., for managing and improving the performance and design of the Site.
The following information is placed in/collected through the persistent cookies: unique identification number assigned to your device; IP address; browser type; operating system; referring URLs; information on actions taken; and dates and times of Site visits. All data collected by third-party cookies on our behalf is aggregated and of a statistical nature.
Change Cookie Settings
The Site allows you to choose NOT to allow the services which create and use these cookies to run, although you may not have access to all the features of the Site if you do so. To do this now, just scroll up the page and click on the “Change Cookie Settings”.
• Measure users’ behaviour to better develop our Services. By using analytics services provided by third parties such as Google Analytics and Lead Forensics, we can analyse and measure which pages are viewed and how long for and which links are followed, and we can use this information to provide more content which is of interest. We also use this analysis to report on our performance and to sell advertising.
• Manage online advertising and revenue share arrangements. Our approved advertising partners, primarily Google (Doubleclick, AdX, AdSense) use to provide advertising to you and to enable us to manage our relationship with those advertisers by, for example, tracking how many unique users have seen a particular advertisement or followed a link in an advertisement;
• Measure general user behaviour across our sites and third party sites to build a profile based on users browsing patterns so that we and third parties can target advertising to users that will be more relevant to users’ interests. This means that if, for example, users visit a page with a review about a service then the cookie will collect this information and we may target adverts for that service to those users and, if users visit third party sites that are part of the same advertising network, those third parties may target adverts for that service to those users;
• To create profiles that trusted third parties can buy to allow them to better target their advertising with more relevant content; and
• Keep track of the number of users who saw a particular ad or visited a particular page of one of our websites, analyse the effectiveness of our ads, and provide auditing, research and reporting for advertisers.
The trusted partners we work with in relation to targeting and behavioural advertising include third-party ad servers, ad agencies, technology vendors, providers of advertisement content, research firms and other companies that help us provide more effective advertising and offer you a more personalised experience. As your browser, app or device communicates with the third party’s servers, these companies can collect information, including your IP address, page header information, browser or device information, just as if you had requested their web page or used their apps directly. We cannot control nor do we have access to any cookies placed on your computer by third party advertisers and sponsors.
You may speak to us about your preferences with respect to the performance cookies via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.